Tuesday 13 February 2007

I will stand on my watch

“I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.” - Habakkuk 2v1

Habakkuk gives us a great example of how to deal with situations where we don’t understand what God is doing. First he poured out his heart to God, he did not hold back how he felt about the situation, he prayed about all that was wrong – then he took the bold step of faith.

“I will stand on my watch,” he said, “I will see what God will say and then see how I respond when God sorts me out.” It is interesting to note that Habakkuk did not think that he was going to get God to change His mind or His way, but that God would teach him what was going on. He knew that God was right; he just knew that he didn’t know what was going on.

What would it be like if we behaved like Habakkuk. God wants our openness and honesty. He wants us to bring our concerns to Him. At those times our heart should not be expecting God to act our way, but to let Him teach us the perfectness of His work in every situation.

No comments: