Friday 9 February 2007

I will behold His righteousness

“I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.” - Micah 7v9

Sometime we may ask ourselves when it is going to begin to make sense. We keep on sinning and suffering the consequences. The “bad guys” seem to prosper while the church seems to struggle along. Putting in a common vernacular we might well say, “What’s the story?”

One day it is all going to make sense. Micah could be bold before his enemies when he said, “Though I fall I will arise” because He had an ultimate hope and confidence – he knew that one day he would see the righteousness of the Lord. Righteousness is basically just “rightness,” or “rightwiseness” as the English word used to be.

God always does right – always. It may not always make sense to us, but it is always right. Micah knew that one day he would see the rightness of it all. One day it will all make sense to us. All the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place. What confidence that should give us – one day we will see the rightwiseness of God!

No comments: