Tuesday 27 February 2007

I am coming

“Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.” – Zechariah 2v10

When the Jews first read these words they naturally assumed that when Messiah came the first time it would be for the purpose of doing just what He said here, the live and reign in Jerusalem.

They didn’t know yet that God’s plan was so much bigger – He was going to open His arms and make provision for all men to be saved. He did that by going to the cross to pay the sin penalty so that all who will accept His gift can have the joy of eternity with Him.

The precious promise “I am coming to dwell in the midst of you” is still to be kept. One day He is coming back; first to take us with Him - then to reign on earth. Praise God for the precious promise “I am coming to dwell in your midst,” and thank God that it is available for us.

No comments: