Tuesday 11 July 2006

My meditation all the day

“O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.” - Psalms 119v97

What do you think about all day? There are all kinds of things we can meditate on. Sometimes we think about the things we fear. Sometimes we think about the things we want. Sometimes we our thoughts are consumed with wrong thoughts. I think we all enjoy the days the most when we think about the things we love.

When people fall in love they seem to be consumed with the object of their affection. All day long they think about what their beloved is doing, where they are, and how they look. They truly spend the day meditating on their loved one.

The psalmist here refers to even a greater object of affection. He writes, “Oh how I love thy law – it is my meditation all the day.” What a deep love for the word of God! Can any of us say that we love the word of God so much that it is the source of our meditation all day long?

God, give me a love for your word hat is so great that it is all I can think about throughout the day!

No comments: