Tuesday 7 May 2019

You are Christ's

Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;   And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. - 1 Corinthians 3:22-23

Paul goes back to the notion of the divisions which are starting to develop in the church. Paul is trying to drive home the point that this is not on. It is as problematic today as then. I once phoned a pastor looking for a chance to present our ministry in Ireland and his first question was ‘what camp are you in?’ A major question of fellowship in some of he chruches I dealt with in the past was ‘where did you go to school.’ We didn’t hear about Paul or Apollos or Cephas, but we heard a lot about whether we we supporters of this man or that well known or of this who that college that they founded.

That study doesn’t matter. At the end of the day one thing and one thing alone matter – am I or am I not Christ’s man? Am I His follower? Does my life reflect my desire to please Him or to please others?

Is it more important for me to identified by the group I am part of or the church I go to or the men I follow, or is it more important to be His?

Now I belong to Jesus. Jesus belongs to me. Not for the years of time alone, but for eternity.

Do I identify as Christ’s own?

No comments: