Friday 28 June 2019

Through a glass darkly

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. – 1 Corinthians 13.11-12


I will be the first one to admit that there is a lot God and His word and His works that I don’t get. I don’t see how God is working. I don’t see why things happen. I don’t understand the things I face in my own life. I don’t understand theology or the future or even salvation. I have a glimpse, but it is like I am trying to look and a dirty mirror.

We can’t see it all here. We are not God. God’s ways and His thoughts are far above us. We don’t know and we can’t grasp all that God is doing. We are limited by time and space and God is not abound by either. Just like our grandchildren today can’t understand why their parents and why we do or don’t do certain things. They don’t know what we know.

One day though it will all make sense. The day will come when it all makes sense and our of our doubts and fears and anxiety today will seem silly to us. When we see it all from eternity’s perspective everything that is murky today will become clear.

No comments: