Sunday 25 March 2018

Come


And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. – Matthew 14.28-29

I love this one simple word of Jesus. Peter said ‘if it is really You Lord, tell me to come.’

So Jesus simply said ‘come.’

I love that image. To an entire world lost in their fears and their sin Jesus still calls out ‘come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.’

After the resurrection Jesus said ‘come and have breakfast’ - a breakfast that He had prepared for the disciples.

The very fact that we have a Saviour who has a nature of calling out for people to come to Him is amazing. Even back in Isaiah we hear the merchant in the market saying ‘come, all who are thirsty and drink freely.’

The problem is that too many people just ignore His invitation. He says ‘come’ and people say ‘I’m a little busy, maybe I’ll come later.’

Jesus is an inviting Saviour. He is calling out ‘come.’ His invitation is open all the time. Today is the day to go to Him.

No comments: