Sunday 11 February 2018

Forgiveness


For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. – Matthew 6.14-15

Back in the Lord’s Prayer we read the word ‘forgive us our sins, and we forgive those who trespass against us.’ We can see right away that there is a connection between God’s forgiving us and us forgiving others. Then there is the parable of the forgiven ruler or won’t forgive his servant for a much smaller offence.

We have no room to not forgive others when we consider how much Christ had forgiven us. I think not only about how much he forgave me for when I got saved but how He forgives me today 40 some years later.

I understand that there are situations where it can be very hard to forgive. I hope by the grace of God that I could forgive is those situations. It is not always easy. But when we consider of our offenses toward offences against us should pale.

Most of the time, however, it is the little things that we have a hard time forgiving. It is that little word or thoughtless action or careless incident that we have a hard time forgiving. Those little things can wreck our relationships with other. If we can’t forgive others we need to really examine our own forgiveness with Christ.

No comments: