Monday 14 November 2016

At my right hand

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope. - Psalm 16.7-9

In this fearsome world we can sometimes get very lonely and that loneliness can cause great fear. There is a lot of bad stuff out there and evil seems to reign so going through day to day life can cause great anxiety.

But David knew the answer. He knew that the key to success was to keep the Lord always before us. We can find stability because God is at our right hand.

I love that image. Although our children are all grown we still have grandchildren around. I love it when they reach out to hold hands. It gives them a great sense of peace and security to have someone they love hold their hand, especially in unusual or different or new situations.


We can have that same sense of security because as we go through our life we can be assured that God is walking by our side to lead and guide and protect us. So we don’t have to fear. We can have hope. 

No comments: