Tuesday 11 January 2011

He is unique


"But He is unique, and who can make Him change? And whatever His soul desires, that He does. For He performs what is appointed for me, And many such things are with Him. Therefore I am terrified at His presence; When I consider this, I am afraid of Him. – Job 23v13-15

Like Job, sometimes we just don’t get it. Like Job I just can’t figure out what God is doing or what He allows to go on.

In times like this there are a couple of things I can do.

I can despair and just give up on God.

I can decide to trust God no matter what I do or don’t understand.

Job chose the latter and if I have any sense I will do the same. God is unique. Nobody can change Him. He does His will and He does what is allotted to me.

To be honest that sounds a little fatalistic, but Job did not apply it that way. He simply knew that this is the way it was, and chose to stand in a holy awe of God.

Job’s choice is really the only practical one. His ways and His thoughts and His plans are far above ours. God is love and He loves His people. When we look at things like this we have to acknowledge that no matter what we perceive God loves us and is working out what is best in the scope of eternity.

Sometimes we just have to trust Him.

No comments: