Sunday 27 December 2009

Show me your way

Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people." – Exodus 33v13

I am growing to appreciate more and more about Moses as I read through his life and adventures this time. In Exodus 33 he just didn’t know what to do. The people he was trying to lead were God’s people, yet they rarely acted like it. They rebelled and complained about their condition. When left alone they turned away from God. What was he supposed to do?

He did what I tend to not do often enough – He went straight to God with his question. In the previous verse we sense his frustration as Moses tells God that God has given him an impossible task. ‘You have told me to do this job Lord, but nothing is going the way You said. You have told me I have your grace, but I don’t see it.’

I think God expects our honesty when we are confused or frustrated, as long as we have the right spirit as Moses did. ‘If I have Your grace Lord, show me Your way.’

I appreciate Moses’ humble spirit here. Confused and unsure he still had the wisdom to humbly ask God for His leadership. Just think of the problems we could avoid if we sought God’s way with the same spirit.

No comments: