Wednesday 30 December 2009

Show me Your glory

And he said, "Please, show me Your glory." – Exodus 33v18

This is a really fascinating section of Scripture. There is an interesting exchange going on here between God and man. It looks to me like Moses only desire here is to know God completely so here he asks God to show him His glory.

What a tremendous desire. To see the glory of God ought to be the heartfelt desire of each of our lives. We get so caught up with all the stuff that the world has to offer. We are enamoured with our games and sports and frivolities and concerns and carks and cares but we really don’t seem to have a desire to see Him in His glory. We glory in our national banners and the successes of our sports teams but do we really glory in Him?

As 2009 draws to a close I have to ask myself if I have really sought to see and know God’s glory in this eventful year. God has had a few shapings and mouldings for us and our family this year. Have I sought to see in His glory in those situations, or have I been so focused on them that I have missed His glory?

Oh that I would seek to see His glory in every situation in 2010!

No comments: