Monday 17 August 2009

100%

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. – Revelation 21v7

I am still waiting to hear about my supposed earthly inheritance. My mom’s first cousin died a few years ago. We have been getting sporadic updates from the attorney handling the estate. I think my portion of ‘Uncle Carl’s’ estate is 1/102, in other words, about 1% of his estate after the attorney’s and the state get their cut. I have no idea what 1% of Uncle Carl’s estate is. I have no idea if or when I will see my share. It is really not a very hopeful inheritance.

But I have another inheritance to look forward to. My share of this inheritance is 100%. What makes this inheritance special is that not only is my share 100%, but all those who overcome will also receive 100% of the inheritance.

‘Overcoming’ can be a bit intimidating though, can’t it? What happens if I slip up and don’t overcome? Good question, but the answer if as clear as it can be in 1 John 5v4 – ‘For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.’

So overcoming is not dependent on us once we have put our faith in Christ. The overcoming has already been accomplished. I became an overcomer when I became a child of God. I became a part of Uncle Carl’s estate when I was born into that family. While I am only going to get 1% of that estate, all of us who were born in God’s family are each going to receive 100% of His inheritance.

Praise God that the overcoming is accomplished. I am looking forward to my 100% inheritance!

No comments: