Thursday 22 January 2009

Looking unto Jesus

looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. – Hebrews 12v2

This is definitely a ‘looking unto Jesus day. There is some stuff going on that is forcing me to do just that. Not personally, but with some other circumstances. There is a situation that I can do nothing about, but feel like I should. It is a part of the race that God has set before. It is requiring the utmost in patience and endurance to deal with this because it is a time when I really must trust.

I can only do it by ‘looking unto Jesus. He, after all, is the Originator of my faith and He will be the Finisher of it as well. As such we read that He endured the cross and despised the shame. Today, as we saw recently, He is sitting at God’s right hand interceding for us.
The race we are running has ups and downs. We never know what is just around the bend. We have all kinds of obstacles to deal with and hurdles to jump. I cannot afford to get distracted by the obstacles no matter how real and how difficult they are. I do all I can do while running the race, but then keep my eyes on Him at the finish line

No comments: