Sunday 4 January 2009

He ever lives to make intercession

Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. – Hebrews 7v25

The Lord knows just when to give us what He wants from His word. I needed this reminder this morning. It is easy for people to let us down. It is easy for us to let us down. Sometimes it seems like there is no consistency anywhere.

But I thank God for the reminder this morning that there is at least one unchangeable consistency. Jesus, out great and marvellous High Priest, is able to carry us through all the way to the end. He does that because He is always alive making intercession for me.

What does that mean? It means that I can keep on keeping on because Jesus is in the presence of God constantly and always interceding for me. I thank the Lord that when I am at my lowest He is right there praying for me and carrying me through ‘to the uttermost.’

He lives to intercede for me.

Amazing and incomprehensible truth. Thank you Lord for that reminder this morning.

No comments: