Tuesday 25 March 2008

Our sufficiency is from God


Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, - 2 Corinthians 3v5

There are a lot of benefits to suffering and troubles. No wonder we are told to rejoice in them. I love what Paul says here, “I don’t have the capacity to understand anything on my own.” How many times I have stood around in amazement and said, “Man, I haven’t a clue.” Trials, temptations, tears, and testings all play in to bringing us to the point where we lose all semblance of self-sufficiency. The world stresses the importance of it, and the word of God teaches that there really is no suchthing for the child of God.

There is a blessing to be had. Paul said, “Our sufficiency is from God.” God, the All Sufficient I AM is my sufficiency! That is almost beyond my ken. . Why would I EVER depend on my lack of sufficiency when He who defines sufficiency is my heavenly Father?

I have no sufficiency. But wait, I have ALL sufficiency because I have Him!

No comments: