Wednesday 19 March 2008

Helping in prayer

…you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many. – 2 Corinthians 1v11

Just a short, put I think pertinent thought today. Sometimes we can almost feel guilty if a friend or some one we know is going through a trial or serious affliction. I told some one recently, “I wish I could help.” In my mind I thought, “All I can do is pray.”

Yet today, right after Paul tells the Corinthians about the struggles he is in says, “You helping together in prayer for us…”

Prayer is more than just something we do. It is more than just an appendage. It is not just something we say. It is not just a routine. It is not just nice words of comfort. Praying for another is a help at least as important as finances or physical support.

There is no greater way to help some one in trouble than to pray, and we can all do that.

No comments: