Saturday 8 March 2008

By the grace of God I am what I am

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. – 1 Corinthians 15v10-11

Most of us look back and see Paul as some kind of great hero of the faith, and in some ways he was. Yet, Paul saw himself one way only. Back early in the chapter Paul said, “We are nothing.” Here, though God was using him in a mighty way, he admitted that all he was and anything he accomplished was only by the grace of God.

We endure hard times and trials by the grace of God. We have successes and victories only by the grace of God. When we realise that all of all are all we are by God’s grace we see us all as equal. There is no room for competition in the body. As Paul says, “whether it is them or us, the gospel is preached and the work is done.”

Praise God for His marvellous grace that carries us through and praise God for when His grace works in us to see His work accomplished.

No comments: