Monday 6 November 2006

Seek God with all your heart


“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” - Jeremiah 29v11-13

God has wonderful plans for His people in any generation. Here Judah was in captivity and God told them that His plans for them were not evil, but for good. The problem was that they were not really seeking God and His way. He told them that His plan for them was not for this to go on forever, but that they could have peace if they sought Him with all theirs hearts.

God is not content with half-hearted worship or half hearted seeking Him. God wants His people today, no less than in Jeremiah’s day to seek Him with all out hearts. The problem comes when we try to sort things out ourselves. When we do that we never have the peace God wants us to have. The peace of God reigning in our lives comes when we bring everything to Him with prayer and thanksgiving.

We can have the peace of God in our lives when we seek His will and His ay with all of our hearts.

No comments: