Tuesday 21 November 2006

The hand of the Lord was strong upon me

“So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me.” - Ezekiel 3v14

When God first told Ezekiel to consume His word and Ezekiel “ate” it, he found the taste as sweet as honey to his taste. It was a wonderful experience and a pleasure.

Later on however he realized that the word of God could be a bittersweet experience – now, when he had to go and preach judgement he found it a “bitter pill to swallow.” He did not want to do this task, he was something that did not please him or his own desires. Yet, as he went out he gave testimony to the fact that he did not have to do it by himself. “The hand of the Lord was strong upon me,” he said.

Ezekiel learned a key lesson that we all must know – whether the message from the Lord is sweet or bitter the hand of the Lord is strong upon us. Let us go out in the strength of the Lord.

No comments: