Sunday 26 November 2006

I will do what I say

“For I am the LORD: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged: for in your days, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will perform it, saith the Lord GOD.” - Ezekiel 12v25

The people of Israel had gone so far in their sin that they acted as if God was not going to act. They read God’s word, they heard the prophets speak, but they really did not seem to think it made any difference.

God let them know in no uncertain terms that He was going to do all that He said He was going to do. In their case the notice was that now it was time, He was going to act on what He had said.

There is a lesson here for us as well. That lesson is simple, God will do what He says He will do. For Israel, and for some today that means that God will have to pour out his judgement. For others, like those of us who are saved, we can rest assured that God will fulfil all His promises to us – He will do for us all that He has said He will do.

No comments: