Thursday 11 February 2021

Pligrims

 

Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2.11-12

 

This world is not my home

I’m just a'passin through.

My treasures are laid out

Somewhere beyond the blue

The angels beckon me through heaven’s open door

And I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.

 

James wrote to believers that we are not permanent residents of this world. We are just on an earthly pilgrimage on our way to our home in heaven. We can’t really settle here, because this is not where we belong.

 

That’s why we are a peculiar people. We are always going to be different and seem different to the world.

 

Since we are pilgrims here the world is never going to seem normal to us. We can’t feel at home anymore.

No comments: