Thursday 3 January 2019

None of these things moved me

And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. – Acts 20.22-24

Paul didn’t have it easy in his ministry. He never did and he knew it never would. He knew that as he prepared to go to Jerusalem chains and trials and tribulations awaited him. He would not, however be put off by those dangers.

None of these move me. I will not be dissuaded. What happens to me is not important. I want to finish life’s race with joy and complete the ministry God gave me – to testify of the gospel of the grace of God.

Paul had already decided that he was going to do what God wanted him to do. He didn’t have to wait to decide he was going to do. He was not going to be deterred from sharing the gospel. That was his purpose in life. That was the race that was set before him. It was the ministry he had to pursue.

I have to ask myself what moves me from sharing my faith. I’m afraid that there are times that the only thing is takes to move me is a fear of being rejected.

Sharing the gospel is why Paul lived. What about Roger?

No comments: