Saturday 19 January 2019

I am ready

So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.
– Romans 1.15

Paul is a real challenge to me. This little phrase ‘I am ready’ really nails the kind of person Paul was. He seems to be always ready to do what God wants him to do. He has the same kind of fervour to preach the gospel and he used to have in going after The Way.

So as he wrote to the Romans he told them that he was ready to come to them to preach the gospel. We know from Acts that he eventually got there.

I guess it is just a simple question for me from this message. How ready am I do to what God wants me to do? Am I ready to to where He wants me to go, to do what He wants me to do, to say what He wants me to see, and to be what He wants me to be?

No comments: