Friday 21 December 2018

These who turned the world upside down

But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too. – Acts 17.6

Those who have turned the world upside down. What a description. When it was said it was a term of derision and contempt. It was something along the lines of ‘these trouble makers.’

The things is though that even if they were being derided they were doing enough to be noticed. They were havin an impact. They were turning the world upside down by their actions.

These guys turned the pagan world upside down by their actions. It seems sometimes that we rarely cause a ripple in our communities. I know it is a different age and that the Holy Spirit works in different ways and that He may have been opening hearts in a way then thay He is not doing today. Still though, I know my own heart. What kind of impact am I having in my circle of friends and coworkers and neighbours and family? Have I have turned anything upside down by my witness and my testimony and my sharing? Or do I just move about in this world unnoticed and not rocking the boat?

Lord, if I can’t turn the world upside down, at least let me shake up the world around me with your word.

No comments: