Friday 29 July 2016

Marvellous help

Then Uzziah prepared for them, for the entire army, shields, spears, helmets, body armour, bows, and slings to cast stones. And he made devices in Jerusalem, invented by skillful men, to be on the towers and the corners, to shoot arrows and large stones. So his fame spread far and wide, for he was marvellously helped till he became strong. - 2 Chronicles 26:14-15

I like military history. I like the read books about battles and wars. I like to read about armies and weapons.

The story of Uzziah would fit right in. He armed his men ably and he had weapons developed by skilful men. These military inventors designed large weapons that show arrows and threw stones. They must have been like catapults and trebuchet.

Because of all this Uzziah’s fame spread far and wide because he was marvellously helped and because he was so helped he became strong.

God was with Uzziah and and strengthened him and helped him in marvellous ways.

Though I will probably never see a nation and its armies grow under my leadership I can depend as well on the Lord to give me marvellous help in this life. ‘The Lord is my helper, I won’t be afraid, what can people do to me’

I won’t be building catapults and trebuchet to guard the town of Naas, but I can he assured that the Lord will help me marvellously in my daily struggles. Praise the Lord for His marvellous help.

No comments: