Monday 9 December 2013

Sufficient grace

And He said to me, “ My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthains 12.9

I have a really hard time understanding circumstances sometimes. Like right now, right this moment, at this instant. Our dear Michelle is back in Tallaght Hospital dealing with the third manifestation of leukaemia. Matt is scared. We all are scared. We don’t know how to handle this. We don’t know what to do. 

Perhaps this is the kind of thing that Paul wrote about when he talked about his thorn in the flesh. I know that this is challenge for all of us. 

It actually makes my heart hurt. My faith is being tried. I am weak. We are weak. 

But we have a difference in our weakness. People all over the world through situations like this. It is not just something Christians have face. Struggles and trial and not getting it are a part of life. But we have the promises of God and  his all sufficient grace to see us through. 

Its not always easy to have the faith to believe, but faith tells me that God's grace is sufficient for every situation. It is His grace that allows us to see His strength when we are weak. 

The times when I am at my weakest is when the power of God works in my life. The power of Christ is the power that raised Him from the dead. 

There are times of my weakness, like now, when I must step back and let His power rest on me. 

The problem is getting me out of the way. 

No comments: