Saturday 6 July 2013

Give an account

For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ. For it is written: "As I live say the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. – Romans 14.9-12

Have you even met a Christian who felt like it was their responsibility to keep account of everyone’s spiritual state for them? You know the kind of person I am talking about. Its guy who thinks his middle name is ‘Holy Spirit.’

Or, maybe, we have found ourselves in the same position.

Paul writes here about this very matter. ‘Why do you judge your brother? Why do you show contempt for your brother? Don’t you know that we all going to appear before the judgement seat of Christ and bow our knees to Him and confess our own sins?

Each of us is going to give an account of ourselves.

I am not sure how all of this is going to work out, but I do know one thing for certain.

I don’t need to worry about anyone else. Unless my brother is in open sin what he chooses to do or not to do is not really something I have to worry about giving an account for.

To be honest, I ought to be glad of that.


I know that I, for one, have a hard enough time with me to worry about anyone else’s petty stuff. 

No comments: