Wednesday 24 April 2013

Free from death




Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. – Romans 6.8-9

Death is probably the greatest enemy of all. It is the fear of the unknown. 'After death, what?' is one of the great philosophical questions.  And why would death not have power over man. It is the last enemy. It is the last thing we will ever face. As long as man has lived he has dreamt of and longed for immortality. But death is always there at the end.

But Christians have hope. In Christ death was crushed to death. It lost its sting. The grave lost its power.

Our bodies are going to die one day, sure enough. There is no escaping that. Our bodies are doomed. I am a lot closer to it now. I may have 20, 30, 40, maybe even 50 years, but death will come.

But that death has no fear for me because Christ has already defeated death. Sure, my body will die, but I will live on in and with Christ.

Praise God that the great enemy of death is defeated. In Christ it has no power over me. 

No comments: