Wednesday 1 September 2010

What am I gonna do???

So he answered,"Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." - 2 Kings 6v16

The opposition seemed overwhelming. Elisha and his servant were in the city of Dothan when the king of Syria sent a might army to attack the city. The whole army was sent out just to deal with Elisha.

It seemed like there was no way out. Fear and despair were the natural reactions. The servant said the same thing we say so many times – ‘What are we going to do?’

I hate that ‘What are we going to do?’ feeling. After all the years that I have been a Christian one would think that I would be able to just say – ‘Trust God’ but I still, on far to many occasion find myself saying, ‘What am I going to do?’ Sometimes it just feels like there is so much going on negative that we can’t see any positive. What are we going to do?

Elisha knew. Full stop. He knew the answer. He knew that greater was the One who was with them than the one who was with the Syrians. He prayed that God would open his servants eyes to the truth.

Suddenly the servant saw a mighty heavenly army between them and the Syrian army. ‘Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.’

We can too often forget that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal and physical, but spiritual. We are in a spiritual warfare – let’s never forget that. God delivered Elisha and his servant. In a hopeless situation God provided hope and victory.

I need this lesson as much as anyone. Too often, far too often, I see the opposition and difficulties and challenges and discouragements and setbacks and disappointments more than I see the One I serve.

May God forgive me, and anyone else, who has the same problem.

No comments: