Friday 1 January 2010

Lord…go among us

Then he said, "If now I have found grace in Your sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray, go among us, even though we are a stiff-necked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your inheritance." – Exodus 34v9

'I launch my bark on the unknown waters of this year, with Thee, O Father, as my harbour, Thee, O Son as my helm, Thee O Holy Spirit, filling my sails.'

These words from 'The Valley of Vision' came to my mind this morning as I read over Moses' prayer as God's Law for His people was established.

I find these thoughts apprpriate as we launch our barks on 2010. None of us has any idea what this year will bring. Our lives may change at any moment. Michelle's illness has reminded me of just how quickly everything can change.

If God does not go among us this year what hope do we have?

As we enter the year ahead may we, from the words of the book mentioned above have God's:

Grace to sanctify us

Comforts to cheer us

Wisdom to teach us

Right hand to guide us

Counsel to instruct us

Law to judge us, and His

Precense to stabilize us

No comments: