Tuesday 5 January 2010

His face shone

So when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him. – Exodus 34v30

What an amazing sight when Moses had been with God and came back down to speak to the people. He was so close to God that his face literally shone with the reflection of God’s glory. It was so bright in fact that the people could not stand to look at it.

I realise that the chances are that none of us will ever be in this exact kind of situation. Only Moses ever had that kind of encounter with God.

However, have you ever been around someone who you just knew by their appearance that they walked close to God? Do you know that kind of look I am talking about? There is a look that is kind of like they are not really here. Like their mind is somewhere else.

Don’t get me wrong. I know that we have to live here and deal with this world. I know that we have to pay attention to the every day tasks that we have before us.

I remember are saying that I used to hear. ‘He is so heavenly minded that he is of no earthly good.’ I know what the saying is trying to say, but is it really possible to do that? Is it possible to be too heavenly minded?

While it may not be physical and blinding, there is going to be something different is the appearance and demeanour of those who walk close to God. When people meet us do they sense that kind of heavenly difference in us?

No comments: