Thursday 28 December 2006

You are my people

“And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.” - Hosea 2v23

One of the greatest gifts God has given is to include the Gentiles into His perfect plan for redemption. In the Old Testament only the Jews were God’s chosen people. Those who were not Jews were “without hope in this world.” As the perfect, holy, righteous God that was His choice. All men are sinners and they deserve damnation but God chose to give man a chance. Jews, and those who became Jews, were saved by putting their faith in God.

At the cross the “middle wall of partition” was torn down and now all who put their faith in Christ have hope and can call their own God! What marvellous grace God shows by offering salvation to all! Without that not one of us would be able to say “Thou art my God.”
What an amazing God Who will show just grace and mercy to such undeserving people as us!

No comments: