Friday 1 December 2006

My wife died

“So I spoke unto the people in the morning: and at even my wife died; and I did in the morning as I was commanded.” - Ezekiel 24v18

Ezekiel must be one of the greatest examples of faithfulness in the light of what we see in this chapter. In chapter 24 God told him to proclaim His word and not be stopped by anything. One morning Ezekiel went out to preach as God had instructed him. That evening he experienced the tragedy of seeing his wife die. Yet, the next morning he was back doing what God told him to do – he went back and preached again.

I realise that we live in a different day than Ezekiel. I realise that we are not under the same instructions as Ezekiel. Yet, there can be no doubt that Ezekiel is a challenge to us regarding faithfulness. What does it take to deter us from serving God? If Ezekiel can keep serving God on the death of his wife, can’t we be faithful in the little trials we face?

No comments: