Friday 20 October 2006

They shall not prevail

“For, behold, I have made thee this day a defensed city, and an iron pillar, and brazen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land. And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.” - Jeremiah 1v18-19

God gave us instructions on how to go; gird up, rise up, speak up, and buck up. But He did not stop there. He tells us that He has already done a work to prepare us. He has made us a defenced city, preparing us for the attack of the wicked one. He has made us an iron pillar, ready to stand during attack after attack. He has made us a brazen wall to stand against the fiery attacks of the enemy.

Why does He have to do all of this? Because the enemies will come to fight against me – it will come, the battles will rage and we will face opposition. But, there is good news - THEY SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THEE!! Glory to God the enemy has no power over me? Why, because not only has God provided all of my protection, but, but He is right beside me to deliver me!

No comments: