Saturday 7 October 2006

His ways and my ways

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” - Isaiah 55v8-9

Over and over again in my Christian life I have disagreed with God about how we should get things done. I want things to happen in my timeframe and according to my plans, but He always seems to have other plans for me.

Why is it that His plans and my plans so often differ? The answer is clear – His ways are not my ways, His thoughts are not my thoughts. There are as different and far apart as heaven and earth.

When I see a situation I always see it from a self centred, moment in time, location is space viewpoint. All I can see is one tiny microscopic dot in time and space. On the other hand, God sees everything from an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and eternal point of view. I see things with my limited, sin flawed wisdom. God sees the situation in His prefect wisdom. I see things based on their immediate result, God sees things with eternity in view.
Who does it make more sense to follow?

No comments: