Friday 29 September 2006

You are precious in my sight

“Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honorable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.” - Isaiah 43v4

What did I possibly do to be considered precious by a perfect and holy God? As God speaks to those whom He has redeemed He says – “I will be with you through fire and flood, you will not sink and you will not be burnt. You are precious, you are honoured, and you are loved.”

Do those sound like things that a perfect, righteous, holy God would say to a rotten, miserable, unworthy sinner? The answer is back in 1 – “I have redeemed you.” The cost was heavy for those who were redeemed from Babylon, but think of the cost of redeeming us! The final, permanent, perfect redemption required the shedding of the Redeemer’s blood! What a price to be paid – no wonder we are so precious.
The things that are the most precious to us are those that cost us the most. My salvation cost the Father His Son. Praise God the he so loved me, that he sent His only Son to redeem make and make me a precious possession!

No comments: