Thursday 10 August 2006

A friend loves at all time

“A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” - Proverbs 17v17

Family is great. In most families you always know that in times of crisis, no matter how difficult things are for the family, everyone will pull together. Indeed a brother is born for adversity. Families are always there in the tough times.

Sadly, too many families only pull together in times of crisis. On the other hand, a true friend loves at all times. There are few more precious gifts on earth than godly friends.

I think of how during our most difficult days God has always sent along friends to help us, lift us up, and encourage. I think of other times when I have needed friends to correct me and put me back on the right track. I am grateful for these situations every time they come up.

True friends love at all times, good times and bad, rough times and smooth, pretty time and ugly times.

Praise God for friends who love at all times!

No comments: