Friday 14 April 2006

Though He slay me yet will I trust Him

“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.” - Job 13v15

Job made the ultimate statement of faith and reliance on God’s perfect will. He showed how far he was willing to trust God and to what extent he was able to trust Him. Job said that even if God were to kill him it would not affect his faith in God.

Job exercised what we might call extreme faith. He was willing to carry faith to the limit.

I wish that I could always say something like “Even if God killed me I would still trust him. I am afraid that there are times when I don’t even trust God in the simplest of situations.

“Lord, I believe. Help mine unbelief.” May I get to the point where I could trust Goif even if He were to slay me.

No comments: