Wednesday 5 October 2005

Self-deception

“And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:” - Deuteronomy 29v19

In line wit yesterday’s devotional we come to today’s thought dealing with this terrible self-deception. So many are walking around with an attitude of “I am at peace with the world, yet I do whatever I want, so I must be blessed.”

As we look around us today it is clear that the vast majority of the world have convinced themselves that everything is going to be okay. They just don’t want to deal with God so they see their houses and lands and assume that everything is okay.

Yet, God’s word still says, “Be not deceived, God is not mocked, whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.” And “if any be a hearer word and nor a doer, he deceives his own self.”

Sadly, from what we read in James it is not only non-believers who are self-deceived, it can happen to those of us who believe as well.

There is no peace apart from walking in the light of God’s word.

No comments: