Thursday 27 October 2005

I am the Lord … but you have not obeyed my voice

“And I said unto you, I am the LORD your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but ye have not obeyed my voice.” - Judges 6v10

The troubles as a result not getting rid of the enemies were growing. Their simple disobedience and short-sightedness had resulted in a series of oppressors. Now they were living in caves and hungry, having been run off by the Midianites. They cried out to God in their affliction and He had an answer for them. “I took care of you, led you out of Egypt, gave you this land and told you not to worship these false gods. But you did not obey me.”

Their disobedience brought them into trouble. They brought the trouble on themselves. God gave them all they needed, but they decided it was best to go on their own way. Sadly, they suffered the consequences of their decision.

What happens when we choose to disobey God and go on our own way? Can we really expect God to bless us? God will never forsake us once we are His, but if we choose the path of disobedience we choose to take a chance of robbing ourselves of His blessing.

No comments: