Wednesday 6 July 2005

I will send you…I will go with you

“Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh… Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee...” Exodus 3v10-12

God had chosen a task for Moses. This man who had been a shepherd job had a task laid out before him. Simple enough, walk into the most powerful nation in the world and then walk out with six million slaves. Not only that, you are going back to the nation you fled from forty years ago while an official in the government.

How is that for an impossible task? How would you feel if God can you that kind of job? How do you feel when you face a seemingly impossible task?

God had great words of comfort, the same He had shared with Abraham and Isaac. “I will send you,” God said, “and I am going with you.” Not task, no matter how impossible it may seem is too much when God goes with us.

Moses was just like any of us. Sometimes we face a task that seems insurmountable. Sometimes we can’t imagine how we are supposed to get the job done. Yet, the Word of God is clear, “With God ALL things are possible.”

No comments: