Wednesday 13 July 2005

I am the Lord

And God spoke unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:” – Exodus 6v2

When Moses came to god perplexed about his situation and the increased burden on his people God began his words to Moses with a simple statement. This reminder, standing alone, should be enough to make us forget about our own perception of a situation. In His words to Moses God repeats these words several time. They are simple in their profundity.

“I am the Lord”

These words ought to be in some mega-sized font and in flashing lights. If we would ever grasp the impact of these words we could never doubt Him again. Our personal views would fall aside and we could learn to rest only in Him. These words are packed with meaning. In them are these thoughts – “I am the eternal, immutable, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent One. Nothing escapes My view for I AM. No matter where you are or what you are experiencing, one thing has not changed – I AM.”

How sad that we so easily forget that. No matter what comes across our path today we can be assured that one thing has not changed. God still is the great I AM. May we grasp just a glimmer of that amazing truth – we serve the great I AM and therefore we never need fear or doubt.

Whenever doubts or fears come our way let us remember God’s words to Moses.

“I am the Lord!”

No comments: