Saturday 2 December 2017

Till they seek me

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.  – Hosea 5.15

Israel had turned their back on God. They refused to hear Him. No matter how God pleaded they would not hear.

So God stopped pleading. But He did not stop waiting and hearing. All they had to do was to acknowledge their sin and seek Him.

This image reminds me of the prodigal’s father. When his son went out on his own wasting his father’s money and living a wanton life of sin and excess the father stood on the porch waiting for him to acknowledge his sin and come home.

Of course we know the rest of the story. The son repented and turned for home and the father ran out to meet him.

That is the kind of God Israel and Judah had and that is the kind of God we have today. We run, we backslide, we turn from God and still He waits for is to seek Him.


And we seek Him He is always waiting with open arms.

No comments: