Saturday 24 June 2017

Arise and come away

My beloved spake, and said unto me,
Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
The fig tree putteth forth her green figs,
and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. - Song of Songs 2:10-13

These words of the bridegroom were exciting words for the bride to look forward to. After all the celebration the bridegroom would say something like ‘the time as come, arise and come away with me. It is time to go home.

And those are words that we can look forward to as well. One day our Jesus is going to come to us and say ‘Arise, my beloved, it is time to go home.’ All of the waiting is going to be worth it all when we hear those wonderful words.

I get really tired of this broken world. It is sad to see a world full of broken people. And it even sadder when I let that broken world full of broken people get the best of me.

But, He will return. The bridegroom is coming to catch us away. He is coming to take us home to the place He has prepared for us. We are going to go home with the One who gave His life for us and spend eternity with Him in the perfect place He has made just for us.

What a day that will be when He says, ‘Arise, come away.’

No comments: