Wednesday 15 February 2017

Thankful for God's goodness

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul with goodness. – Psalm 107.8-9

We have so much to be thankful for it is hard to even imagine why we have such a hard time remembering to be thankful.

God is good every day and all the time. His goodness manifests itself in so many ways what His goodness should never be in doubt.

God’s goodness means that I have food to eat and a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in. His goodness has met my needs for forty-three years since my salvation. His wonderful works have given me a marvellous family and wonderful wife who sticks by my side despite my flaws and failures. His goodness and His wonderful works saved me and keeps me saved day after day. His goodness permits me to serve Him. God’s goodness has never failed me – not once.

That’s why I get so frustrated when I, consciously or not, question God’s goodness and His wonderful works for the future. God’s character does not change – and it won’t change. So, I can ask myself, what makes me think His goodness toward me will fail in the years to come?

God is good. He loves me. I belong to Him.

How can I, or how can any of us, fear the future when God has proved His goodness over and over again?

No comments: