Friday 16 September 2016

You preserved them

You alone are the Lord;
You have made heaven,
The heaven of heavens, with all their host,
The earth and everything on it,
The seas and all that is in them,
And You preserve them all.
The host of heaven worships You. – Nehemiah 9.6

This next section is a great song of praise to God for who He is and what he does. A regular theme that runs through it is that God’s mercy and grace are stronger than the man’s errors.

As the writer describes God we read that ‘You preserve them all.’ Despite all their errors and mess ups God kept preserving His people.

The same thing is true today. A lot of people worry and fret about their eternal salvation. Folks sometimes worry that if they are not quite good enough they may miss eternity. Folks think that their eternal fate depends on them.

But it is not us who preserve or keep our salvation. Peter wrote that our heavenly inheritance is kept by Christ, not us.

And it’s a good thing because if preserving my salvation relied on me I would never pass the test.


Christ saved me. Christ preserves my salvation. Christ will save me at the end. 

No comments: