Tuesday 6 January 2015

Continuing in liberty

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. – James 1.25

It is required in a steward that a man be found faithful. Don’t get weary in doing well. Be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. Seeing then that we have this ministry we do not lose heart.

Continuance and faithfulness and consistency are all vital to our living for Christ. This is a key test to being a true doer of the word.

It is obviously not always easy to keep on going. I am finding that when I struggle it is usually because I am a forgetful hearer. I only struggle when I think about my own strengths and abilities and try to figure out the future myself instead on relying on what God says in His word.

This perfect law of liberty frees me from the cares and concerns that can press me down and imprison me. It frees me from the cares and anxieties that keep me awake at night. Those things keep me from being the doer we read about yesterday. If I could ever get to the point where I live in freedom from my fears and anxieties I would be liberated to do God’s word and live a life of God’s blessings.


By God’s grace may we choose to live continuously in the light of our liberty in and through Christ instead of continuing in our thoughts and cares and concerns and fears. 

No comments: