Monday 27 January 2014

The Ephesian example

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, - Ephesians 1:15

I like the simplicity of this. The Ephesian believers had a reputation based on their testimony. This testimony had reached Paul's ears. It was widespread enough that Chrisitians in other regions had heard it. 

'I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints.' 

What a beatiful testimony. The Chrisitans trusted God and loved believers. Or to be more accurate they trusted Jesus and loved ALL believers. 

There is not really a whole lot to add to that is there? I think I would be happy if I was known as a guy who trusted and loved others. 

Just think about the peace we would have if we could ever learn to do those things.  We wouldn't worry or fret or try to do things our own way or have a whole list of Ishmaels in our lives. We wouldn't bend the rules or manipulate to cheat in order to advance our own cause if we were truly trusting God. 

If we truly loved others disagreements would not turn into conflicts. Love would override selfishness. We would settle our differences and lovingly move on. 

Oh what peace we miss when we fail to trust God and love each other. 

No comments: