Saturday 12 October 2013

Signed, sealed, and delivered

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. – 2 Corinthians 1.21-22

Established. Anointed. Sealed. 

Those three little words really summarise who it is that does all the work when it comes to salvation, sancticifcation, and eternity. When you look at this passage it is clear that it is God who does all the work. 

He established us in the faith. 
He anointed us for his service. 
He has sealed us. 
He has given us the Spirit as a guarantee of salvation. 

My salvation was established by God, not me. 
My spiritual anointing was accomplished by God, not me. 
My eternity is sealed by the Holy Spirit, not me. 
My salvation is guaranteed by the Holy Spriit, not me. 

I have to say that I am really, truly grateful that it is the way it is. I could nevertheless have established myself. If I had done the sealing the seal would soon be broken. If my works were the only guarantee of salvation that guarantee would soon be broken. 

Praise God heat my salvation is signed, sealed, and delivered by Him, and doesn't depend on me. 

No comments: